Thursday 22 September 2011

Paul Thurlby

Looking at my identity I feel that its essential for me to revisit the design of it so that the rest of my work pieces and presentations can follow the same design.  The reason being is because the current identity that i have been using doesn't have a strong enough concept and it is more about style over substance so i really want something that has a strong idea behind it. I have been thinking about how Ab-z is the beginning and end to the alphabet so my research as led me to looking into some illustrated alphabets and in particular this Paul Therby one stood out to me the most because I love the screen printed illustrations within it and how each thing goes into the shape of the letter that it is conveying. The use of color and style gives it a vintage look that I think is adorable. I loved it so much I decided to buy it! It also gave me the idea to print my own alphabet but an A-Z of graphic design version. 



No comments:

Post a Comment