Monday 26 September 2011

The Quesiton

For todays lesson we had to have our proposed question that we intend to answer though designed information ready. 


Can Designed Information Reduce Anxiety Levels Within Patients Throughout The Duration Of Their Hospital Stay?




I have been working in Weston General Hospital as a housekeeper for 3 and a half years now alongside my studies so the 2 environments to me are linked very closely. I enjoy working in the hospital and feel a sense of pride from being involved in a corporation that is there solely to help people. Even though i am not a nurse or doctor my part in the hospital is still an essential one and together we all make the work done by the NHS possible. However over the years I have noticed that the hospital can be a very distressing environment for some people.  As the staff already have so much to do within their work and so many people to cater for, it makes it difficult for anyone to directly comfort everyone as this is not their prime occupation. This got me thinking about what is already in place in the hospital to make a stay more comfortable for example Sunshine Radio is a free service to patients that might not necessarily be aware of the fact that its in place. So im starting to generate general ideas around some sort of welcome pack 

No comments:

Post a Comment