Friday 14 January 2011

Ship Happens

I was on my way to university the other morning and i saw a tiny little, highly eroded dingy in someone's front garden. On the side in an elegant typeface the boat was named 'ship happens' this made me laugh to myself on the way to uni as i thought about how i could could recreate this in an illustration. 



On that same day i was also reading creative review and came across an advertisement page for a group of designers which i looked further into on www.kariburton.com where i came across designer and illustrator Jonny Voss. A lot of his work is very cartoon style with lots of characters and interesting hand rendered doodles this being one of my favorites. The simplicity is effective and the characters quite quirky and different. 





I then applied this to 'Ship Happens' and created this quick illustration in the style of the Jonny Voss illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment